Tuesday, April 10, 2012

LDS Writer Blogfest

Today I'm part of a different kind of blogfest, and I'm excited to read the posts involved with this LDS Writer Blogfest.
I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints--that's what LDS stands for and we're also known as Mormons. I'm so grateful for my faith. I can't imagine my life without the knowledge that my Savior, Jesus Christ has given me the gift of the Atonement and the ability to try every day to live like Him.

Every day in our home we sing a hymn, "I Am a Child of God" and I believe every word. I believe that we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father. I believe that my children are exquisite children of God that have been entrusted to my care, and that it is my responsibility to teach them of their divine nature. My church teaches us how important every SINGLE ONE of us is in God's plan. Jesus died for us--each ONE of us--and he knows us personally.
We also believe that we can be together forever as an eternal family when we live righteously and make sacred covenants with our Heavenly Father. This knowledge is comforting when I think of the recent passing of my grandmother RaNae, only a month ago. Her funeral was beautiful, and although I was sad, I was comforted by the knowledge that I will be able to see my grandma again. I want to live so that I can be with all of my family and loved ones.
I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and this beautiful Easter season. Thank you for letting me share this important part of my life with you today.

Several other LDS writers are sharing their thoughts, testimonies, and experiences for this blogfest. Feel free to visit any/all of the links below.

Amanda Sowards
Angie Lofthouse
Ben Spendlove
Britanny Larsen
Cami Checketts
Charity Bradford
Danyelle Ferguson
Giselle Abreu
Julia Keanini
Julie Coulter Bellon
Kasey Tross
Kayeleen Hamblin
Kelly Bryson
Krista Van Dolzer
Laura Johnston
Melanie Standord
Rachelle Christensen
Rebecca Belliston
Sierra Gardner
Stephanie Worlton

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails